Author Topic: 13 months post loss of Dad  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Thehodges

13 months post loss of Dad
« on: March 21, 2022, 04:28:37 PM »
Hello everyone. I’m 40y female and suddenly lost my dad to a heart attack last year. It’s been 13 months now and I thought I was making some progress at the beginning of the year but since his one year anniversary I feel like I did when he passed away. My moods are low and I cry a lot. I feel like I should be doing better than I am. I’ve had counselling but am going to try again. Is this normal?

Offline Pep

Re: 13 months post loss of Dad
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 10:55:20 PM »
Hiya,

Its tough losing your dad. I guess that you guys were close? You are doing the right thing seeing a counsellor.

So may i ask you you this? What does progress really mean?

I really dont want to make you more upset but its taken me 30 years to realise that i have to learn to live with bereavement. I have lost so much in my life and the thing that i struggle with are my lack of memories of loved ones i have lost.

Do you have family support?

I hope you are able to dig out some of those photos of you and your dad and remember the good times.

PM me at any time if you like. Although its good to post your feelings here on buk, sometimes its also good to chat to someone. Ive lost my dad too. It sucks.

I also have a low mood
I also cry (not alot, but i still do)
I see a councellor
I not sure if im better than yesterday. Or if i should be better tomorow. Losing my family has defined me. This is me now.

Pep

Take care