Author Topic: Financial problems after bereavement  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Tanyask

Financial problems after bereavement
« on: March 25, 2022, 01:09:27 PM »
My mother has recently passed away, leaving no money to cover the costs of her funeral and various other bills. My family and I are not responsible for covering her bills legally but we do have to pay for the funeral. My sister is on benefits and works part-time and I am a full-time student so we should be entitled to the DWP but due to the complexities of the situation, our initial claim has been turned down, however, we're appealing the decision. This has made the grieving process more difficult and prolonged the stress of the situation.

Until my mother passed, I had no idea how to arrange or organise affairs and where to access support. It is important that this information is made clearer for people who are facing emotional stress and may be more prone to making uninformed decisions. Research is vital in understanding the support needed during bereavement.

ClearView Research is working on a collaborative research project with the charity Sue Ryder, to understand what support is available for people who have been affected by the death of someone close to them. They are really keen to hear from people who are from Black, Asian or ethnic minority communities. Once you have completed the survey you would be entered into our prize draw to win £100! The survey will take less than 2 minutes to complete: https://clearviewresearch.org/CR25