Author Topic: The Birth of my Grandaughter  (Read 3554 times)

Offline mike59

The Birth of my Grandaughter
« on: September 20, 2016, 08:46:30 AM »
My Wonderful wife Gail Field was Diagnosed with lung cancer in Late November 2015 She was at stage 4 and only could recieve Palative care my Children and I were Devestated ( I still Miss her so Bad) My Daughter has been trying for 4-5 years to start a family without luck, she was given IVF through this time 2 attempts,with this my Daughter was giving herself Injections part of the IVF treatment, my wife was Giving my Daughter her Injections, which was Lovely Because my daughter also Gave my wife her Heparin to prevent blood clots. With this My Daughter fell Pregnant we were all so Thrilled also thankful But we all said this Baby was Special Because my Wife had Helped to make this Baby, I am so Pleased Delighted To Announce that on Saturday My Beautiful Grandaughter was Born ( Im Crying whilst writing this lol ) they are Happy Tears :), sorry for the l;ong story But I just had to Tell you all, I hope you all are having Peaceful Days. xx

Offline Brian71

• VIP Member
Re: The Birth of my Grandaughter
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 12:47:43 PM »
Congratulations Mike on that uplifting news,  you must be so pleased.  :hearts:

Mike, I hope you don't mind me asking... From the time of her diagnosis, when they found out about her stage 4 cancer,  what was the time period to your wife's sad passing. ?   AYK, by the time they diagnosed my wife's lung cancer she lasted 2 days,  I'm hoping you had more time.

Anyway....it's nice to hear good news on here for a change,  thanks for sharing that great news Mike, I have 5 grandchildren, but sadly I can count on one hand the number of times I see or hear from them a year, or indeed my own sons for that matter.  Especially since my wife passed away,  however my daughter is the opposite and phones almost daily....bless her.. :smiley:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 07:30:58 PM by Brian71 »

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 04:58:28 PM »
Congratulations Mike.  You must be filled with mixed emotions.   Sending you massive hugs. X

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 08:26:53 PM »
Congratulations Grandad. :hug:

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 08:34:49 PM »
Congrats mike. Your new arrival will soon be filling your days with laughter.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 05:28:32 PM »
Wonderful news Mike. I'm sure she will bring lots of moments of joy.   :hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Brian

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 09:57:23 AM »
A birth followed by a death is one of the most difficult things, because you want the time of a new life to be as happy as possible, though the raw pain of your wife passing is often unbearable.

You will gain strength though your granddaughter.