Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Mani

Hi everyone
« on: January 03, 2022, 10:02:07 AM »
I just wanted to introduce myself,  my dad passed away extremely quickly from kidney cancer at the end of October,  I  am 46 years old and feel I need to talk as I have alot of anxiety and unanswered questions. I hope everyone is doing as well as can be x

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 06:26:24 PM »
Hello Mani and welcome.

Sadly through a major issue the forum was shut down for weeks until we sussed what was causing it, but sadly all our members left here thinking it was permanent.

I'm so sorry about your Dad, I do hope the end was not in terrible pain for him the poor man.

Anxiety and mind troubling thoughts that need answers are quite normal, and best talked about and never bottled up inside or you will not help the healing process to give you back some normality and peace back in your day.

If you get no other support here then please join my Facebook support page where you most certainly will get all the answers you need.

Take care Mani.

Dave forum owner.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1566851883557388/

Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 12:41:00 PM »
I’m sorry to hear about the loss of your dad, it’s still early days for you , it takes time to process our loss before we can start to grieve properly,  you’ve a lot of firsts to go through before you start to feel as if you are starting to function properly again. But you will get their, and the good memories start to overtake the bad ones xx
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 06:56:12 PM »
So sorry to hear about the loss of your dad, Mani. It is early days for you. It was a long time for me to start to feel anything like in control of my life and myself after losing my mum. I remember the first six months were terrible and it was a long hard slog over the next 18 months to fins a way forward at all. It does get better very slowly and the pace of change is different for everyone, so don't expect too much of yourself and just take things one day at a time.

I had questions after my mum died too and anxiety, I am sad to say, is part of the shock and devastation of loss. Loss is one of the hardest things we ever have to deal with and there is no right or wrong way to do that. I found it helped to speak to the doctors and find out more about why my mum became so severely ill so suddenly. She was gone six weeks later. Understanding did help. Doing something about things also helped, but at the end of the day, nothing can fill the void losing someone so close to you leaves behind and you simply learn slowly to live with the sadness and grief becomes a part of you. Over time, it does retreat into the backgound and the happier memories come to the fore again, but it is always there and so you have good days and bad, but you just have to try to find your way forward one day at a time. Try to be kind to yourself and do whatever makes that at all easier along the way and you gradually learn to iive your life again, but it is hard.

You are not alone. Everyone who has ever posted on this site, will know what you are going through, but we all eventually have to find our way forward. Talking really does help, so seek counselling if you can and don't be afraid to say whatever you want here. We will all relate to what you are feeling and someone will have some wise words to say that might help you too.

Wishing you well.  :hug: