Author Topic: Loss of a partner  (Read 1195 times)

Offline BorderLine

Loss of a partner
« on: January 02, 2022, 08:43:28 PM »
Hi

I'm not a 100% sure about this, but here goes. I lost my partner in November, she had suffered Pulmonary Fibrosis and Emphysema for some years but 2021 was when she became very ill. She was so brave and strong and i really don't know how i will survive without her. I have lost two brothers and my mother to respiratory illness and it feels like this thing has finally got me beat. I loved my partner so much and feel like my life is over. Sorry, i am male in my late 50's.

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
Re: Loss of a partner
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 05:57:59 PM »
Hello B and welcome.

I do hope you get some response to this post, as due to a major forum closure issue that lasted for weeks, many members have gone away thinking it was permanent.

I'm so very sorry for your loss, boy do I know how much you are hurting, and yes feeling your life to has ended too is very normal.

I can't give you the words now that will heal the pain it's far too soon and you are still very raw to accept them anyway.

But I have done this now for well over 20 years, and in that time heard all one could ever learn and hear about bereavement and the human emotions it brings.

So I can promise you B no matter what you think now that life has ended for you, one day maybe not as soon as you would like, things will look brighter, and the intense pain you feel right now will ease as your broken heart begins to heal with time.

May I wish you great courage and peace of spirit in the coming days ahead.

Dave forum owner. 
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 12:53:40 PM »
Hi Borderline, my heart goes out to you, to lose our partners after spending most of our lives with them is devastating and  it does take time to come to terms with not only the  loss but also the emptiness within ourselves and within our homes, a cliche is that time is a healer and though I hate to say it, it’s true but it does  take a while to get their, just take it a day at a time I promise it does get easier x
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 06:41:38 PM »
I am so sorry to hear of all your losses. Loss is the hardest thing to cope with. I suppose what helps get me through is knowing the people I have lost would want the best for me and want me to get on with my life and make it the best it can be, for them, as they are not here to help that happen anymore. So best foot forward every day, no matter how heavy the load you bear and take them with you in your heart to help keep you strong and do not despair as they would not want that for you. Love lives on and so do they in your memories. Do whatever helps whenever you need to. Walk in the park and use nature to remind you that there are still good things in life. Maybe have flowers around so that you have something to feed your spirit a little at home. Whatever helps. Wishig you well.  :hug: :hug: