Author Topic: Loss of partner  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Nicdt

Loss of partner
« on: October 30, 2021, 08:55:56 AM »
I lost my future long term partner to pancreatic cancer in complicated circumstances for weeks ago. This is my second bereavement and I’m struggling to deal with it all. I have never suffered from panic attacks or anxiety but they have arrived with a vengeance now.

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Loss of partner
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 07:04:25 PM »
So sorry to hear this. It's early days for you and the shock and pain of loss are probably one of the hardest things we ever have to endure. Do seek counselling as talking helps a lot. If you can't face that, then try writing down what you feel and what happened when you lost your loved one and all the things you thought and felt and still feel and think. It does relieve the pressure to express all that tangle of emotion. There will be many here who have done that and found that it helped. One day at a time and be kind to yoursel are two of the best bits of advice you can get when you are grieving. Try those and learn some breating techniques to help with the panic attacks. Deep slow breaths can do a power of good for calming you. A day at a time is enough to cope with. Try walking in the park. Having nature around you can be very calming and healing. Having flowers around at home also helps lift and calm the spirit. Even carrying something that the person you lost touched often can help you feel stronger. Find the stategies that help you best and use them whenever you need to. Take it slow and be patient with yourself.  :hug: