Bereavement Support Posts > Please Post In This Bereavement Support Posting Room

It’s a different kind of loneliness

<< < (2/2)

Ian Haines:

If I lose someone to the grave, I grieve them - it's that simple.  Having them taken from me is grossly unfair and, quite frankly, vicious of whatever is up there, doing this to us.

I don't need my favourite people to die, for me to feel blessed in having the capacity to love somebody, and be a carer to them.  I can do all of that, and more, without having the savagery of Creation mercilessly rip the person from my life!

Karena:
That wasnt what i was saying sorry it came across like that - everyone has the capacity to love and care for someone my blessing was not in that, but in having had those people in my life at all. Having them taken away is cruel and of course i have grieved i still do grieve.

Everyone who grieves does so for some-one just as special to them, and everyone eventually finds their own path to coping with that loss, and that's a very steep rocky path. Sometimes you fall off it, sometimes it takes you round in a circles and either way you end up back in  that pit of grief and there is nothing wrong with resting in there but eventually you can chose to start again and try another path.
For me it is to not try to leave them behind and "move on" because i will always grieve for them - but to cope with my grief by taking them with me, and for me, yes part of that does mean being grateful and seeing it as a blessing that they were ever with me  at all.But its not just a case of  looking back too them or forward to another plain they may be waiting on but feeling them by my side . They are the voices i listen too still and the ones who guide me when the path gets tricky again,inspire me to do something with whats left of my time here, and the ones i celebrate with when the path runs more smoothly or i walk over a hill and come across a view that takes my breath away.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version