Author Topic: Where do I start?  (Read 1531 times)

Offline Tarajane

Where do I start?
« on: August 03, 2019, 09:35:32 PM »
On Wednesday it was my mums funeral. Her death was only 13 days earlier. From diagnosis to death was just 16 weeks. It’s all been too fast. I’m scared, my head feels like it’s going to explode. My husband and I aren’t talking after a major row on the evening of her funeral which is showing no signs of resolve and I’m so lost. I have no siblings, it’s just me and dad. I’m broken

Offline Sandra61

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Where do I start?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 12:10:14 AM »
So sorry to hear of the loss of your mum, Tarajane and of your current difficulty with your husband. This cannot have come at a worse time. All you can do in these early days is try to take care of yourself and do whatever helps. Try to remember to eat and drink. It's easy to forget when you are feeling so devastated. Try to spare some time for your poor dad too. You should be able to help one another a little, but you have a long and difficult time ahead of you both, trying to come to terms with all that has happened. It's a hard road to navigate, but you have found us early and I found this website a great help to me, so hopefully, you will find it a help for you too. We are here for as long as you need us. Sending you an understanding hug.  :hug:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Where do I start?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 08:08:18 PM »
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug:  close relationships can certainly be put under massive strain with a bereavement. So many emotions, and it is quite a rollercoaster - it can be confusing, sometimes wanting someone there yet needing space

Hope you are able to find some peaceful resolution with your husband and hope you find support here too
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx