Bereavement Support Posts > Please Post In This Bereavement Support Posting Room

Not Alone

(1/3) > >>

Norma:
Its not very often i write about my own feelings and emotions, but ive just  had to write today, i lost my hubby suddenly 19 month ago, after 51 years being together, mostly im okay but this week quite a few things have happened that have got to me and ive being doing quite a lot of crying and really missing my hubby, talking to his photo quite a lot and asking him why he had to leave me on my own, to deal with the upsets ive had, well today i decided id got to pull myself together and make a start on the spring cleaning i was rolling the carpet runner up to move it and there it was a white feather, dont feel quite so alone now, thanks for listening xxx

:hug:

Emz2014:
That's beautiful Norma, I love the little signs they send us

Huge big hugs  :hug:   :hug: xxx

Hubby:
Thanks for sharing that Norma. Somebody bought us a lovely picture frame which said ' When feathers appear, a loved one is near ' and it may be right.

I have not seen any feathers yet but a few days after Margaret died, after I had been having a bit of a meltdown in the clothes section at ASDA, I looked down and there was a poppy key ring on the floor exactly the same as the one she always had attached to her handbag. I picked it up and brought it home. I think I will put it in my memory box.

Dave Administrator:
Norma my dear lady friend.

In all the time you've been part of BUK, I can just about struggle to remember a couple of times you have actually posted about yourself as it's always about supporting others.

It's because of that it breaks my heart to think of you in that very sad situation you described to us and brought a lump to my throat reading it.

Having met you for real for only a couple of days back in Sept and afterwards missing the warmth of your lovely smile and your wicked humour we all loved about you. Then I can tell you with the upmost confidence Norma, that your beloved husband who was so lucky to have shared 51 years with you, could never be separated from you my dear lady, even by death   :hug: xx

Norma:
Thank you all for your meaningful  replies, this group has been my lifeline since I lost my hubby, and although i havent posted much about my own loss, believe me that by supporting others it has also helped me. Xxxx

:hearts: :hearts:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version