General Category > General Discussion

BUK Meets

<< < (2/14) > >>

Dave Administrator:
Yes Emz is right so sort something out soon if you can do it Rosaleen which would be fantastic to meet you, because you could save possibly around 65% or more on an advanced return train ticket the earlier you get it.

Norma is right you will make lifelong friends and you'll be planning coming to the next one before this one is finished.  :coffeetoast:

Emz2014:
Understandably meets can be nerve racking, especially when not knowing anyone/not met before, I travelled 3 hours each way to Liverpool to meet peeps for the first time for a short afternoon meet.  I have to say I'm very glad I did, after the first initial hellos we were all chatting away, finding common ground and everyone was friendly and approachable. We had a stroll, went for lunch and chatted.  I came away having made friends

Not putting pressure on anyone, just want to reassure.  I have it on good authority that the previous Birmingham meet was exactly the same, with several laughs shared (I unfortunately had to drop out of that one following an accident in the family)

Anyone who is nervous arriving we can ensure we meet you and help you feel part of the group.  I'd say Saturday is probably better if you're thinking of one day without an overnight stay xx

Norma:
I can promise you Rosaleen  within 5 minutes of meeting its as though been friends for ever, and refering back to Birmingham last year the only tears shed were when we were saying our goodbyes.  Xxxx

Karena:
I can only endorse what they said I went to York just for the day and the Birmingham meet for the Friday night and Saturday morning but enjoyed even the reduced time.Another thing to check for train fares is the price of two single tickets they commit you to certain trains but are cheaper.I don't know what the room situation is at the Washington but there are two others very close by if its full.

Emz2014:
Also consider splitting your train ticket - you can use the same train, no changing but tickets for different stretches of the journey are cheaper added up.  Google 'split train tickets' and it should give you some splits to try.  Ive saved alot by doing that, and you can double check it by looking at the stops - if you search each part you will see the timings will match up xx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version