Bereavement Support Posts > Please Post In This Bereavement Support Posting Room

A message that may help you very much from one of our members.

<< < (2/5) > >>

Jill:
Thank you Dave and thank you Angela.  This message is really illuminating.  At last on this forum there are people who really know what I am going through.  Yesterday evening I stepped out into the garden to sit by our little water feature and a lovely water lily has just flowered.  Of course, the first thing I would have done would be to go indoors and tell my husband but he isn't there.  I just sat by the water lily sobbing.  It is only three weeks since he died and it has been terrible.  But somehow this is helping, if anything or anyone can.

Karena:
 :hug: It is very early days and i can totally relate to you sobbing over that,i had to move house and dug a pond in part to try and recreate the garden we shared and loved and i couldnt now get back into. In part because my prolific pond digging had been a joke between us - my husband used to say if i went out there with a spade - dont be digging any more ponds - and in a way i supose i may have subconsciousely been inviting him to come back and tell me off again.
The following year a marginal plant appeared i hadnt planted it, so left it alone and just watched to see what it would be. It flowered at the time as the death of a friend, and i wondered if in some way it was a message,a way of sending me a hug he couldnt otherwise send.
I agree being here helped me a great deal, just knowing others understand helps you cope with the lonliness a bit better.

Jill:
Thanks Karena.  I have been very fortunate this weekend, my sisters came out to France to spend the weekend with me.  It was so lovely to be with family.  We all get on so well together and we had a lovely weekend, even if I did blub once or twice!  You see something and it sets you off doesn't it?  I am glad I was married to such a sweet-natured kind man for 25 years, I was very fortunate in that sense.  Just wanted it to go on forever.  Jill

mavis:
thank you Dave and Angela for that , yes I agree totally with everything you said , its when everybody goes away and you are left all alone with your thoughts , everybody tells me I am a strong woman and I can deal with this , that's not how I feel right now for sure ,

Buttercup:
Wow! Thanks for sharing this. Really hits home for me  :hug:
Also @mavis me too, thank you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version